Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/3] refspec: centralize refspec-related logic

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2025 10:10:27 -0800

Meet Soni <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thank you for reviewing :)
>
> I've added documentation comments for various function signatures to
> better understand what they do.

Before saying all that, please help those who haven't read the
previous round (which wasn't even v1 IIRC but RFC and may have been
skipped by some potential reviewers) by summarizing what this series
is about.  For other's convenience, here is a key excerpt from the
cover letter of the previous iteration:

    As Patrick pointed out in [1], the logic related to refspec is currently
    split across multiple headers. This patch series addresses that by
    relocating refspec-related logic from remote to refspec for improved
    cohesion.

While I was working on an unrelated issue, I noticed that there is
one function, "extern int valid_remote_name(const char *);" declared
in <refspec.h> which is only about a remote and should probably be
moved to <remote.h>; cleaning it up does not have to be part of this
series, but since you are doing a similar clean-up effort, I thought
you would want to be aware of it.

Thanks.