Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] Fixes typemissmatch warinigs from msvc

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2024 08:52:54 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sören Krecker <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> A smale series of patches to fix some typemissmatch warings from msvc 14.30.
>> Most of the missmatches a 64 to 32 bit conversion on a 64 bit Windows platform.
>
> Thanks for the patches.
>
> I'll welcome other people to take a look, if they are inclined, but
> it is not something I'd want to look at during a pre-release freeze.
> Nobody sane would be running "git add -p" on a patch that exceeds
> 2GB, for example, so the only practical thing they fix are compiler
> warnings.  They are worth fixing eventually, but not all that
> urgent.
>
> Thanks, again.

Oops, sorry, this didn't come out quite right.  I didn't mean to say
that this contribution is unwelcome.  I'll get to it eventually
(like, after the upcoming release), but please do not expect them to
be merged before the upcoming release.