Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/1] macOS: ls-files path fails if path of workdir is NFD

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 11:08:43 -0700

Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks so much for the detailed analysis, that is appreciated.
> To be honest, I have set core.precomposeunicode true globally,
> ...
> ...
> I am happy to provide a patch (a new testcase is already there),
> but for a change in the codebase I would need some help from an expert,
> to get the config-reading right both for hash_initialized
> (that is may be not about the hash-algorithn at all ?)
> and precompose.

It does not sound like an issue with the hash algorithm.

Why isn't the local config (presumably set with auto-probing when
the repository was initialized) being read?  Are we reading the
core.precomposeunicode in some funny ways?  Is per-worktree config
involved that is trying to read from one but the auto-probing code
is setting it to another, or something silly like that?

Thanks for working well together, both of you.