Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.43.2

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 09:24:06 -0800

The latest maintenance release Git v2.43.2 is now available at
the usual places.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.43.2'
tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:

  url = https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

----------------------------------------------------------------

Git 2.43.2 Release Notes
========================

Relative to Git 2.43.1, this release has two important fixes to allow
"git imap-send" to be built with NO_CURL defined, and to restore the
forced flushing behaviour when GIT_FLUSH=1 is set.  It also contains
other, unexciting, fixes that have already been merged to the 'master'
branch of the development towards the next major release.

Fixes since Git 2.43.1
----------------------

 * Update to a new feature recently added, "git show-ref --exists".

 * Rename detection logic ignored the final line of a file if it is an
   incomplete line.

 * "git diff --no-rename A B" did not disable rename detection but did
   not trigger an error from the command line parser.

 * "git diff --no-index file1 file2" segfaulted while invoking the
   external diff driver, which has been corrected.

 * Rewrite //-comments to /* comments */ in files whose comments
   prevalently use the latter.

 * A failed "git tag -s" did not necessarily result in an error
   depending on the crypto backend, which has been corrected.

 * "git stash" sometimes was silent even when it failed due to
   unwritable index file, which has been corrected.

 * Recent conversion to allow more than 0/1 in GIT_FLUSH broke the
   mechanism by flipping what yes/no means by mistake, which has been
   corrected.

Also contains documentation updates, code clean-ups and minor fixups.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v2.43.1 are as follows:

Elijah Newren (1):
      diffcore-delta: avoid ignoring final 'line' of file

James Touton (1):
      git-p4: use raw string literals for regular expressions

Jeff King (1):
      diff: handle NULL meta-info when spawning external diff

Johannes Schindelin (1):
      win32: special-case `ENOSPC` when writing to a pipe

Junio C Hamano (11):
      Docs: [email-masked] has been decomissioned
      CoC: whitespace fix
      builtin/worktree: comment style fixes
      merge-ort.c: comment style fix
      reftable/pq_test: comment style fix
      tag: fix sign_buffer() call to create a signed tag
      bisect: document "terms" subcommand more fully
      bisect: document command line arguments for "bisect start"
      ssh signing: signal an error with a negative return value
      write-or-die: fix the polarity of GIT_FLUSH environment variable
      Git 2.43.2

Linus Arver (1):
      strvec: use correct member name in comments

Nikolay Borisov (1):
      rebase: fix documentation about used shell in -x

Nikolay Edigaryev (1):
      rev-list-options: fix off-by-one in '--filter=blob:limit=<n>' explainer

Patrick Steinhardt (1):
      builtin/stash: report failure to write to index

Philippe Blain (2):
      imap-send: add missing "strbuf.h" include under NO_CURL
      .github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md: add a note about single-commit PRs

René Scharfe (2):
      parse-options: fully disable option abbreviation with PARSE_OPT_KEEP_UNKNOWN
      parse-options: simplify positivation handling

Sam Delmerico (1):
      push: region_leave trace for negotiate_using_fetch

Taylor Blau (1):
      pack-bitmap: drop unused `reuse_objects`

Toon Claes (1):
      builtin/show-ref: treat directory as non-existing in --exists