Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/12] t3210: move to t0602

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 16:40:10 -0800

"John Cai via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: John Cai <[email-masked]>
>
> Move t3210 to t0602, since these tests are reffiles specific in that
> they modify loose refs manually. This is part of the effort to
> categorize these tests together based on the ref backend they test. When
> we upstream the reftable backend, we can add more tests to t06xx. This
> way, all tests that test specific ref backend behavior will be grouped
> together.

So, ... is the idea to have (1) majority of ref tests, against which
all backends ought to behave the same way, will be written in
backend agnostic way (e.g., we have seen some patches to stop
touching the filesystem .git/refs/ hierarchy manually), and (2) some
backend specific tests will be grouped in a small number of test
script files for each backend and they all will use t6xx numbrs?

OK.  Sounds like a good plan to me.

> Signed-off-by: John Cai <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  t/{t3210-pack-refs.sh => t0602-reffiles-pack-refs.sh} | 0
>  1 file changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
>  rename t/{t3210-pack-refs.sh => t0602-reffiles-pack-refs.sh} (100%)
>
> diff --git a/t/t3210-pack-refs.sh b/t/t0602-reffiles-pack-refs.sh
> similarity index 100%
> rename from t/t3210-pack-refs.sh
> rename to t/t0602-reffiles-pack-refs.sh