Subject: Re: Bug: "Received" misspelled in remote message

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:42:07 +0900

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>> "remote: Recieved update on checked-out branch, queueing deployment."
>>
>> "Received" is misspelled. 
>
> I think it is coming from the "push-to-checkout" hook that is
> installed on your "private server", and not from what we ship as
> part of our software offering.

Googling for the misspelled message seems to indicate that it is
coming from cpanel (whatever it is).  A randomly picked example is
https://essgeelabs.com/posts/cpanel-git-1/ which is a recipe that
does not involve typing the typoed message by the end-user, so
somebody (most likely cPanel) must be shipping with a hook with
typo.

Another user of cPanel reports this

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/git-automatic-deployment-not-working-but-manual-deployment-is.679837/

where they observe post-receive hook with the typo.

Anybody with contact there at cpanel.net may want to report the bug.

Thanks.