Subject: [PATCH] t9800: correct misuse of 'show -s --raw' in a test

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 14:29:55 -0700

There is $(git show -s --raw --pretty=format:%at HEAD) in this test
that is meant to grab the author time of the commit.  We used to
have a bug in the command line option parser of the diff family of
commands, where "show -s --raw" was identical to "show -s".

With the "-s" bug fixed, "show -s --raw" would mean the same thing
as "show --raw", i.e. show the output from the diff machinery in the
"raw" format.  And this test will start failing, so fix it before
that happens.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---

* It appears pretty obvious that the original wanted to just grab
  the %at timestamp of the HEAD, and with the fix to allow output
  format options to take effect after "-s" is given, the existing
  misuse of "--raw" after "-s" that ought to be a no-op breaks the
  test.

  https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/4897931294/jobs/8755228452#step:4:1847

  is CI run with the "-s" fix merged into 'seen'.

 t/t9800-git-p4-basic.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t9800-git-p4-basic.sh b/t/t9800-git-p4-basic.sh
index dc88d0e064..a4b3cb9492 100755
--- a/t/t9800-git-p4-basic.sh
+++ b/t/t9800-git-p4-basic.sh
@@ -330,7 +330,7 @@ test_expect_success 'initial import time from top change time' '
 	test_when_finished cleanup_git &&
 	(
 		cd "$git" &&
-		gittime=$(git show -s --raw --pretty=format:%at HEAD) &&
+		gittime=$(git show -s --pretty=format:%at HEAD) &&
 		echo $p4time $gittime &&
 		test $p4time = $gittime
 	)
-- 
2.40.1-476-g69c786637d