Subject: Re: t5559 breaks with apache 2.4.55

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 18:34:43 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not sure this is really sufficient. As I was running t5559 over and
> over to test various versions, I noticed a few other cases that seemed
> to fail, some of them racily. So I'm a bit worried that the problem may
> be more extensive, and it is only that this particular test happened to
> trigger it reliably.

Yeah, I've seen not just t5559.30 (which is what the patch was
about) reliably fail, but t5559.25 fail only from time to time.
There may be others.

> In which case the right solution may be ditching t5559, or at the very
> least adding a knob or version check to disable it.

Yup.  Do we have an example of checking versions of mod_frob being
used from within our test suite?  I didn't locate one.

> So I'm tempted to just punt for now and see how often this bites people
> in the real world. And if it does become a problem, we'll have more data
> on what exactly should be changed.

OK, works for me.

Thanks.