Subject: Re: [PATCH] rebase -i: allow a comment after a "break" command

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 12:22:02 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> I had somewhat the opposite thought. The "break" command is special in
> that it is not doing anything useful except returning control to the
> user. And hence producing a message is a useful add-on. So I expected
> the patch to just allow:
>
>   break this is a message the user will see
>
> without any "#" at all.

Ah, I am OK with that, too.

> That does close the door for further arguments, but I have trouble
> imagining what they would be.

Making almost everything that the tool does not pay attention to
(like the patch title of "pick") into comments, floated by Elijah in
the thread, does sound another reasonable direction to go.  If we
are not doing "pick 0f2d4b69 # the title of the commit", adding the
message without "#" to "break" might be a better way to go for
consistency.