Subject: Re: Mistakes in the stalled category?

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 11:38:03 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> [Stalled]
>>>
>>> * ds/sparse-checkout-requires-per-worktree-config (2021-12-21) 5 commits
>
> [Stalled] being early in the report is primarily a way to remind us
> that an update is overdue.
>
> <[email-masked]> is what prompted me
> to consider that I can put it on backburner and spend my time on
> other topics.

The pushout of 'seen' I did after -rc1 last night included this
topic again; https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/1700157728

The CI job triggered Leak Sanitizer in "git init" (the first thing
tests do is to prepare a test repository with working tree, so there
may be other new breakages, but we wouldn't know) and broke CI.

This morning, just to test, I ejected this topic from 'seen' and
pushed it out; https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/1702373554

As the only difference between these two runs is this topic, it may
be worth looking into locating and fixing new leaks introduced by
it.

Thanks.