Subject: Re: preparing for 2.34.1

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 14:45:03 -0800

Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 11/22/21 12:37 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> There are a few topics [*] to fix regressions introduced in the
>> previous cycle, which should be in 2.34.1 and I've merged them to
>> 'master'. I hope we can merge them to 'maint' (which now point at
>> 2.34) and tag 2.34.1 in a few days.
>> 
>> After that, in yet another few days, we will see most of the stalled
>> topics ejected from the tree, the tip of 'next' rewound, and we will
>> start the cycle toward 2.35 by starting to take new topics, by the
>> beginning of the next week at the latest.
>
> There is a patch deep in a thread [1] that is a regression
> in 2.34.0 that would be good to include in this release. It
> fixes a sparse-checkout bug via a simple revert (plus a new
> test).
>
> Sorry that the patch was buried deep and was easy to miss.
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Instead of these notes, it would be much easier for people to
realize that this (and previous) week is mostly about regression
fixing and it is not welcome to drown the list with new patches, if
you just resent the patch with 

    Subject: [PATCH/regression] fix blah

I would say.

Having said that, thanks for a reminder.  I did read it, but
apparently forgot to include it in the list of things needed for
'master' when I prepared it last night.