Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] Documentation: use singular they when appropriate

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:11:08 +0900

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Kerry, Richard" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Or:
>>
>>     `Reviewed-by:`, unlike the other tags, can only be offered by
>>     a reviewer when they are completely satisfied with
>>     the patch.  It is offered only after reviews by
>>     reviewers who are known to be experts in the affected area by
>>     the community members.
>>
>> Sentence one uses singular they to refer to one of a pool of reviewers.  
>> In the second all items are plural.
>
> Yeah, it reads well, I'd think.

Actually, I take half of it back.  The first sentence can talk about
reviewers (not just a single reviewer), which would naturally match
the pronoun "they", which would be even better.  After all, more
people looking at patches is a good thing ;-)