Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 00/37] config-based hooks

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 14:26:10 -0800

Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Since v7:
> - Addressed Jonathan Tan's review of part I
> - Addressed Junio's review of part I and II
> - Combined parts I and II
>
> I think the updates to patch 1 between the rest of the work I've been
> doing probably have covered Ævar's comments.
>
> More details about per-patch changes found in the notes on each mail (I
> hope).
>
> I know that Junio was talking about merging v7 after Josh Steadmon's
> review and I asked him not to - this reroll has those changes from
> Jonathan Tan's review that I was wanting to wait for.

I picked it up and replaced, not necessarily because it is an urgent
thing to do during the pre-release period, but primarily because I
wanted to be prepared for any nasty surprises by unmanageable
conflicts I may have to face once the current cycle is over.

It turns out that it was a bit painful to merge to 'seen' as there
are in-flight topics that touch the hooks documentation, and the
changes they make must be carried forward to the new file.

But it was not too bad.  

The merge into 'seen' is 3cdeaeab (Merge branch 'es/config-hooks'
into seen, 2021-03-11) as of this writing, and the output of

    $ git diff 3cdeaeab3a^:Documentation/githooks.txt \
               3cdeaeab3a:Documentation/native-hooks.txt

    (i.e. the version of the file before the merge, where your topic
    being merged took material to edit to produce the new "native-hooks"
    document, is compared with the result)

looks reasonable to me, but please double check.

Thanks.