Subject: Re: [PATCH] Pass --ipv4 and --ipv6 options to sub-fetches when fetching multiple remotes and submodules

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 21:17:41 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 01:54:07PM +0200, Alex Riesen wrote:
>
>> The options indicate user intent for the whole fetch operation, and
>> ignoring them in sub-fetches is quite unexpected when, for instance,
>> it is intended to limit all of the communication to a specific transport
>> protocol for some reason.
>> 
>> Signed-off-by: Alex Riesen <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>
> Regardless of whether we move forward with the parse-options flag or
> config discussed in the other thread, I think this is an obvious
> improvement that we should take in the meantime.

Yes.  Others can wait.  ipversion configuration variable is probably
easier to sell; parse_options thing deserves a longer and deeper
thought as it will affect the API future codebase would rely on.

Thanks.