Subject: Re: [PATCH v19 00/20] Reftable support git-core

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 15:54:12 -0700

"Han-Wen Nienhuys via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> base-commit: b9a2d1a0207fb9ded3fa524f54db3bc322a12cc4

This is based on 'next', which usually is a sure way for a topic to
stay forever out of 'next', but we have impactful dependence only on
two topics, I think, and a good news is that both of them are in
pretty good shape.  I think Brian's part 2 of SHA-256 work should be
on the 'master' branch soon, and Dscho's "customizable default
branch" is also ready---it just would, like all other topics, want
to spend at least one week on 'next' to be safe.  And after that,
this topic can be directly on 'master' (there is another trivial
conflict around bisect--helper, but I am not worried about it),
which looks quite good.

Tentatively I've prepared a merge of bc/sha-256-part-2 and
js/default-branch-name on top of today's 'master' and these patches
applied cleanly on the result.  As you mentioned, we may want to
flip the orders of patches a bit to split uncontroversial ones out
to a separate preparatory topic and get them merged to 'next' and
then to 'master' earlier than the remainder.

Thanks.

-- >8 --
fixup! Reftable support for git-core

Noticed by the "make && make distclean && git clean -n -x" test.

diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
index d949b79720..c22fd41662 100644
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@ -3153,7 +3153,7 @@ cocciclean:
 clean: profile-clean coverage-clean cocciclean
 	$(RM) *.res
 	$(RM) $(OBJECTS)
-	$(RM) $(LIB_FILE) $(XDIFF_LIB) $(VCSSVN_LIB) $(REFTABLE_LIB)
+	$(RM) $(LIB_FILE) $(XDIFF_LIB) $(VCSSVN_LIB) $(REFTABLE_LIB) $(REFTABLE_TEST_LIB)
 	$(RM) $(ALL_PROGRAMS) $(SCRIPT_LIB) $(BUILT_INS) git$X
 	$(RM) $(TEST_PROGRAMS)
 	$(RM) $(FUZZ_PROGRAMS)
-- 
2.27.0-221-ga08a83db2b