Subject: Re: [PATCH] t7610 test for mktemp existence

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 12:15:21 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>> -test_expect_success 'temporary filenames are used with mergetool.writeToTemp' '
>> +test_lazy_prereq MKTEMP '
>> +	tempdir=$(mktemp -d -t foo.XXX) &&
>> +	test -d "$tempdir"
>> +'
>
> This makes me wonder what would happen to the leftover directory,
> though.  Would it be a better idea to clean it up as well, i.e.
>
> 	tempdir=$(mktemp -d -t foo.XXXXXX) &&
> 	test -d "$tempdir" &&
>         rmdir "$tempdir"

It turns out that this is not necessary since day one of
lazy_prereq.  I forgot what I wrote in 04083f27 (test: allow
prerequisite to be evaluated lazily, 2012-07-26).

Thanks.