Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/2] merge-file: let conflict markers match end-of-line style of the context

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:19:55 -0800

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Just in case it was unclear, none of the comment above means I want
>> any part of the patch redone--I am happy with this patch as-is.
>
> Thanks for saying that... I was about to try to make things clearer, but I
> could not think of a better term than "needs_cr".

I don't, either ;-).

The primary reason I respond with the "I find this a bit confusing
but it probably is just me" (not just to this patch) is to give an
example of a review comment that demonstrates to the others that the
reviewer understood what is in the patch and the issues around the
change better than a mere unsubstantiated "These look OK to me.",
which does not tell us how carefully the proposed change was
reviewed by the reviewer--such a review does not allow me to "trust
the review that is already done by others" and apply the patches
with minimum cursory scanning and I end up having to carefully read
them myself.