Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/5] git help: group common commands by theme

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 13:48:55 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

>> rebased on 'next' (a2776d4)
>
> Something to keep in mind for the future: It's usually easier to
> manage preparatory cleanup patches by incorporating them into the
> series which needs/wants them rather than posting them as separate
> topics. That way, your patch series isn't held hostage by those
> separate topics.

Not a big deal in this case, as I was very well aware that there was
a preparatory change sent, so no harm done to me personally; I even
asked Sébastien to rebuild on top of that patch.

For people who are helping to review the series but haven't paid
attention to everything that was said on the list (read: almost all
the people), it would have been better if it said "depends on
bf990a2", instead of saying that it depends on the 'next' as a whole
(which it doesn't).

Thanks.