Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/17] odb: make object database sources pluggable

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2026 13:59:51 -0800

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> I forgot to note that this series is based on top of 7c02d39fc2 (The 6th
> batch, 2026-02-20) with the following two series merged into it:
>
>   - ps/odb-for-each-object at 3565faf28c (odb: drop unused
>     `for_each_{loose,packed}_object()` functions, 2026-01-26)
>
>   - ps/object-info-bits-cleanup at 732ec9b17b (odb: convert
>     `odb_has_object()` flags into an enum, 2026-02-12)

With the above base, [09/17] fails to apply, as the function
signature of odb_source_loose_read_object_info() no longer has
"unsigned flags" after "int flags" turns into "enum
object_info_flags flags" in f6516a5241 (odb: convert object info
flags into an enum, 2026-02-12).

+++ b/object-file.c
@@ -543,9 +543,19 @@ static int read_object_info_from_path(struct odb_source *source,
 int odb_source_loose_read_object_info(struct odb_source *source,
 				      const struct object_id *oid,
 				      struct object_info *oi,
-				      unsigned flags)
+				      enum object_info_flags flags)

Tweaking the patch (e.g., "unsigned" -> "enum object_info_flags") to
make it apply was trivial, so there is no need to resend.  Hopefully
there is no semantic conflicts due to confused bases (the result
compiled and linked fine).

Thanks.