Subject: Re: [PATCH] ci(dockerized): do show the result of failing tests again

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2025 06:32:37 -0800

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2025 at 9:17 AM Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
>>
>> The quality of tests/test suites does not show as much when there are no
>> breakages as in the amount of time required after bugs trigger test
>> failures before the bugs can be identified, analyzed and resolved.
>
> I found this paragraph hard to parse.  After re-reading a couple
> times, does the following convey the same meaning?:
>
> The quality of tests and test suites is most apparent not when
> everything passes, but in how quickly bugs can be identified,
> analyzed, and resolved after test failures occur.

FWIW, I had the same "I cannot quite figure out how this paragraph
really wants to help readers by saying this" reaction to the
paragraph.  Your rewrite finally helped me understand the intention
(if that is what the originall wanted to say, that is).

Thanks.