Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] commit: add --committer option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2025 11:29:25 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> "ZheNing Hu via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Signed-off-by: ZheNing Hu <[email-masked]>
>> Co-authored-by: Aone-Agent <[email-masked]>
>
> What is this second author and how would its presence in the author
> list interact with your DCO obligation?
>
> How did you make sure that whatever is in this patch were not copied
> by the "agent" from somewhere that we cannot copy the code from
> before deciding to send this patch?  The "cannot copy from" may come
> in different shapes, from "their code is proprietary" to "their
> licensing terms are not compatible with GPLv2" to "they welcome us
> borrowing but we must give credit to them", any of which we should
> be careful to avoid.

Well, the last one is not something we should *avoid*.  If their
licensing terms are compatible with ours but they want to be
credited, then we comply that request and credit them.

But I think readers got the idea.

Thanks.