Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/17] Use rust types in xdiff.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2025 06:53:53 -0700

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2025 at 3:01 PM Ezekiel Newren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2025 at 3:56 PM Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > I think we saw that the earlier part were read carefully by Elijah
>> > (and others may have read without finding anything worth commenting
>> > on), so should we split this into two parts and start merging the
>> > early 9 down to 'next' and then to 'master'?
>>
>> I agree. 1-9 are ready to go. Do I need to create a new version of
>> this patch series? let it stand as is until it's been merged into
>> master, or something else?
>
> I think 1-9 are close to ready to go, but there's several small
> cleanups that would be nice to have in a v2 on patches 2, 4, 7, 8, 9.
> See my comments on the patches, but it's things like adding detail to
> commit messages or otherwise touching those up, removing orthogonal
> style cleanups (or making them a separate patch), and removing extra
> blank lines.  Could we get a re-roll of just the first 9 patches with
> these addressed?  Then I think it'd be ready to merge down to 'next'.

Thanks for being careful.  I went back to the review thread for
additional and/or unaddressed comments, and I agree that we may want
a bit of final polish.

Thanks.