Subject: Re: malloc: *** error for object 0x1: pointer being freed was not allocated on MacOS with git 2.47.0

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2024 21:42:03 +0900

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

>>     ds/line-log-asan-fix # 1 (2024-10-10) 
>>     jk/fsmonitor-event-listener-race-fix # 2 (2024-10-15) 
>>     ps/maintenance-start-crash-fix # 1 (2024-10-18) 
>
> Other candidates that fix regressions:
>
>     jk/fetch-prefetch-double-free-fix
>     tb/multi-pack-reuse-dupfix

Neither of these has hit 'master' yet.

>     pb/clar-build-fix

Not all that urgent (it is not end-user facing).

>     ps/upgrade-clar
>     wm/shortlog-hash

Unfortuately, these were both based not on 'maint' but on 'master',
and cannot ever be merged down to 'maint'.  The last topic may
deserve to be cherry-picked to 'maint' when the time comes.

Right now I have these lined up for 'maint'

    ds/line-log-asan-fix
    jk/fsmonitor-event-listener-race-fix
    ps/maintenance-start-crash-fix
    ps/cache-tree-w-broken-index-entry
    db/submodule-fetch-with-remote-name-fix

Thanks.