Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Sep 2023, #05; Fri, 15)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 07:57:18 -0700

Linus Arver <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Whatever improvements you have in mind, if they are
>> minor, letting the above graduate (they have been in 'next' for a
>> week without anybody complaining) and doing them as a follow-up
>> series would be sensible, I would think.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Hmm, I don't think they are minor? See
> https://github.com/listx/git/tree/trailer-libification-prep for the
> current state of things.

They do not look like "oops the patches I sent to the list was
totally bogus and they need replacing"; aren't they rather "these
are not yet complete and there are some of the follow-on work on top
of them"?

> I need to still follow up to your last comment on "trailer: rename
> *_DEFAULT enums to *_UNSPECIFIED" [2] (I was going to see if we needed
> the "obvious solution" as you described).
>
> If it's too painful to move this out of 'next' now, I'm OK with it
> graduating as is and doing a separate follow-up (I expect several more
> of these to happen anyway). Up to you.

Let's mark the topic as "waiting for follow-up updates" and keep it
in 'next' until the follow-up patches become ready, then.

> Sorry for not noticing that this was in 'next' sooner and communicating
> accordingly.

Gotchas happen.  Let's try to communicate better the next time.

Thanks.