Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] cocci: add headings to and reword README

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 08:06:38 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 27 2023, Glen Choo via GitGitGadget wrote:
>
> Re subject: I don't per-se mind the "add headings" formatting change,
> but doesn't it have headings already? I.e.:
>
>> -Git-specific tips & things to know about how we run "spatch":
>> +== Git-specific tips & things to know about how we run "spatch":
>>  
>>   * The "make coccicheck" will piggy-back on
>>     "COMPUTE_HEADER_DEPENDENCIES". If you've built a given object file

I think "add headings" mostly refers to what the first hunk, that
is, the hunk before that one, did.  Giving the entire document the
title (while removing references to "examples").  As a side effect,
the existing two sections ("-Git-specific tips..." we see above is
the second one among them) are moved down in the section hierarchy;
in other words, I do not think the highlighted part of the patch in
your message is the primary change intended.