Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/16] http test bug potpourri

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 19:01:14 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 03:37:05PM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> > I'm actually not sure if the final patch is a good idea or not, but
>> > certainly all of the fixes leading up to it are worth doing.
>> 
>> Thanks; this must have been a lot of work.  From the "test what the
>> end users use, or at least something close to it" standpoint, 16/16
>> certainly is the right thing to do, I would think.
>
> Yeah. My main concern is that we are now using SSL by default in the
> test suite (or at least trying to; I _think_ we should fail gracefully,
> but since it works on my system, I don't have any data beyond the fact
> that CI seems OK with it). I think it's one of those things where we try
> it and see if anybody screams.

True.  If a platform has TLS/SSL implementation of acceptable
quality and if we fail to build with it, that is something we want
to learn about and help them make it work anyway, I suspect.

Thanks.