Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc/cat-file: allow --use-mailmap for --batch options

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 11:56:23 -0700

Siddharth Asthana <[email-masked]> writes:

> Changes in v3:
> - Fixed formatting

This seems to format well, both with AsciiDoc and Asciidoctor.

> -	on stdin.  May not be combined with any other options or arguments
> -	except `--textconv` or `--filters`, in which case the input lines
> -	also need to specify the path, separated by whitespace.  See the
> -	section `BATCH OUTPUT` below for details.
> +	on stdin. May not be combined with any other options or arguments

Unnecessary change here, but I'll let it pass this time.

> +	except --textconv, --filters, or --use-mailmap.
> +	+
> +	* When used with `--textconv` or `--filters`, the input lines
> +	  must specify the path, separated by whitespace. See the section
> +	  `BATCH OUTPUT` below for details.

OK.

> +	+
> +	* When used with `--use-mailmap`, the info command shows the size
> +	  the object if the identities recorded in it were replaced
> +	  by the mailmap mechanism.

Did you mean "the object as if the identities ... were replaced"?

All three comments equally apply to the other two hunks for
--batch-check and --batch-command.

Thanks.