Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/12] fsmonitor: Implement fsmonitor for Linux

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 09:33:19 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 17 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> Glen Choo <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> At $DAYJOB, we observed that this topic breaks MacOS builds with sha1dc:
>>
>> Thanks for a report.
>>
>> How dissapointing.  The thing is that the topic has been in 'next'
>> since the 11th (i.e. early last week), and I know that you guys rely
>> on the tip of 'next' in working order to cut your internal releases,
>> but we did not hear about this until now.  What makes it taste even
>> worse is that nobody else caught this, even though we seem to have a
>> couple of macOS jobs at GitHub Actions CI, there we didn't see any
>> breakage related to this.
>
> FWIW I see you caught it on the 9th in
> https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/, but then the
> base topic was merged down on the 17th.

Heh, I already forgot I made that comment myself ;-) Thanks for
reminding, and thanks for picking the single step to fast-track the
fix.