Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] builtin/remote.c: teach `-v` to list filters for promisor remotes

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 11:37:04 -0700

Abhradeep Chakraborty <[email-masked]> writes:

> Else you can drop the idea and suggest them to introduce a new flag
> (depending on the situation). If you still have some doubt about my
> PR i.e. if you can not determine which category my PR belongs to, I
> can go with adding `show-partial-clone` flag. The downside would
> be that `remote -v` will not give the full summary in case of partial
> clone.

If majority of partial-clone users find it unnecessary noise, then
it may be an upside to give only reduced summary that is less than
full that may be given by `remote -v -v`.

Worse downside of adding it as an option is that it invites more
options.  It is less worse to add new ones to `remote -v -v` (or to
`remote -v`, or not adding it at all) than adding another option, I
would think.

Perhaps tagged output that can be easier to parse would be better
"extensible" output format for adding more random pieces of
information than going tabular.  I dunno.