Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2022, #03; Thu, 13)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:18:59 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> There are a few "oops, what we merged recently is broken" topics
> that still are not in 'master', but otherwise what we have should
> be pretty much what we'll have in the final one.
>
>  - I am reasonably happy with ab/refs-errno-cleanup (just one patch)
>    that fixes the incorrect state of the code left by the earlier
>    parts of the topic that have already been merged during this
>    cycle.
>
>  - I am also OK with ab/reftable-build-fixes (two patches), one for
>    general type correctness fix, the other for helping older sub-C99
>    compilers.
>
> If there are fixes for regressions that we introduced during this
> cycle other than these two topics, I certainly am missing them, so
> please holler loudly and quickly, hopefully in time for me to tag
> the -rc1 tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, the tip of 'seen' has consistently failing the
leak-check test.  I didn't have chance, time or energy to see if
they are failing merely because an existing test script that used to
be leak-clean gained a use of command that has been known to be
leak-unclean without introducing any new leaks, or our recent change
did introduce new leaks to commands that have been leak-clean.
Somebody with too much time on their hand should go in and check to
help, before CI testing on 'seen' becomes useful again.

Thanks.