Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/2] lazyload.h: use an even more generic function pointer than FARPROC

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 09:35:48 -0700

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón  <[email-masked]> writes:

> gcc will helpfully raise a -Wcast-function-type warning when casting
> between functions that might have incompatible return types
> (ex: GetUserNameExW returns bool which is only half the size of the
> return type from FARPROC which is long long), so create a new type that
> could be used as a completely generic function pointer and cast through
> it instead.
>
> Because of the way the function declaration was done in the previous
> patch the order of variables that use it had to be adjusted so that
> it is the last variable declared, as well.

Is it clear to everybody what this paragraph is referring to?  It is
not, at least to me.

>
> Additionaly remove the -Wno-incompatible-pointer-types temporary
> flag added in 27e0c3c (win32: allow building with pedantic mode
> enabled, 2021-09-03), as it will be no longer needed.
>
> Signed-off-by: Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón <[email-masked]>
> ---
> v3
> - removes unnecessary variable moving after fixup in previous patch

Thanks.