Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 5/8] submodule: move core cmd_update() logic to C

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 14:28:02 -0700

Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]> writes:

> +static int update_submodules(struct update_data *update_data)
> +{
> +	int i, res = 0;
> +	struct submodule_update_clone suc = SUBMODULE_UPDATE_CLONE_INIT;
> +
> +	update_clone_from_update_data(&suc, update_data);
> +	run_processes_parallel_tr2(suc.max_jobs, update_clone_get_next_task,
> +				   update_clone_start_failure,
> +				   update_clone_task_finished, &suc, "submodule",
> +				   "parallel/update");
> + ...

As ab/config-based-hooks-base topic from Ævar changes the way this
helper function gets called at 73367f2f (run-command: add stdin
callback for parallelization, 2021-09-02) and then again in 2aba2f5f
(run-command: allow capturing of collated output, 2021-09-02), this
part needs to be adjusted when the topics collide in 'seen'.

I _think_ I've resolved conflict correctly, but please double-check
the result when today's integration result is pushed out later, both
of you.

Thanks.