Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/4] introduce submodule.superprojectGitDir cache

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:43:36 +0900

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> As I said, I think it is OK for now to stop at declaring that you
> cannot simply do it without hinting something that may not fully
> work.

I'll add the following to the tip of the topic for now.

 Documentation/config/submodule.txt | 7 ++-----
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git c/Documentation/config/submodule.txt w/Documentation/config/submodule.txt
index 7c459cc19e..58ba63a75e 100644
--- c/Documentation/config/submodule.txt
+++ w/Documentation/config/submodule.txt
@@ -97,8 +97,5 @@ submodule.superprojectGitDir::
 	submodules, but is not guaranteed to be present in every submodule. It
 	is set automatically during submodule creation.
 +
-	In situations where more than one superproject references the same
-	submodule worktree, the value of this config and the behavior of
-	operations which use it are undefined. To reference a single project
-	from multiple superprojects, it is better to create a worktree of the
-	submodule for each superproject.
+Because of this configuration variable, it is forbidden to use the
+same submodule worktree shared by multiple superprojects.