Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Apr 2021, #05; Mon, 19)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 16:51:58 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 20 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
> Comments on my outstanding serieses and related (you've indicated that
> this summary was helpful, so I'll keep doing it).
>
>> * ab/unexpected-object-type (2021-04-14) 11 commits
>> ...
> I've just re-rolled these three at:
>
>  * https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]
>  * https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]
>  * https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]

Unfortunately, I didn't get to these three.  In the meantime, I'd
expect you to try merging these three into 'seen' once it gets
published today, and invite others who have topics not in 'next' but
in 'seen' to also do so.  By doing so, you'd see what interactions,
if any, are expected with the other topics in-flight.  I'd hope them
to be minimal---the old ab/unexpected-object-type had only one "yes,
that might be nice standalone if you are not working together with
other people, but we didn't have to make this change and we would
have saved having to do an evil merge to resolve this conflict if we
didn't"---as the old topic is tenatively ejected, the evil merge is
gone for now from 'seen', which is good ;-).

Anyway, without these three, but with the few topics that depends on
updated test-lib-updates topioc, the integration of the topics in
'seen' for today's cycle has been smooth.  The test-lib-updates
still had the same few niggles in its early parts I pointed out in
an earlier round, though.  Among the topics from you, I'd think that
one would be the highest priority, simply because many other topics
are taken hostage to it.  It matters to me a lot, as I'd be the one
who ends up having to remember what depends on what else, and having
to rebase them on top of each other.  The sooner that topic solidifies,
the better for other topics that depend on it.

Thanks.