Subject: Re: [PATCH 09/10] builtin/repack.c: extract loose object handling

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 19:45:17 -0800

Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 1/19/2021 6:24 PM, Taylor Blau wrote:
>> 'git repack -g' will have to learn about unreachable loose objects that
>
> This reference to the '-g' option is one patch too early. Perhaps
> say
>
>   An upcoming patch will introduce geometric repacking. This will
>   require removing unreachable loose objects in a separate path
>   from the existing checks.
>
> or similar?

Yeah, sounds like a trivially obvious improvement to me.  

It does not matter to reviewers who are very well aware that the
series is about adding "repack -g", but it may end up being
confusing when somebody tries to see what commit the feature was
added later when the help from the cover letter is not available.