Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/14] completion: a bunch of updates

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 13:23:50 -0700

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

>> What I am trying to get at is if we would want to keep the earlier
>> zsh parts of the series, but with nobody seemingly interested in, it
>> is hard for me to justify queuing them.
>
> You are asking in the wrong forum.
>
> I would gladly point you to *dozens* of issues reported in Stack
> Overflow and Oh-My-Zsh if you don't believe me.

Oh, no, there is no "believing" needed.

Have you fed your patches to those folks who have dozens of issues
and the patches made their life better?  It does not help much to
make me look at these forums; we need some way to make those in
these forums aware of your improvements, try them out and report
success, to help the wider range of users who are not even in these
forums and struggling with their zsh-completion use (they will get
their zsh/git completion from their distros---I am assuming that the
distros get theirs from us in contrib/completion/).

> Or you could just install zsh and see the issues for yourself.

No, thanks.  I am not a zsh user, and have no plan to become one ;-)