Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 01/12] t7300: add testcases showing failure to clean specified pathspecs

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 13:29:00 -0700

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Also, you talked about tracked paths in the proposed log message; do
>> they not participate in reproducing the issue(s)?
>
> If there is only one directory which has no tracked files, then the
> user can clean up the files -- but confusingly, they have to issue the
> same git-clean command multiple times.  If multiple directories have
> no untracked files, git-clean will never clean them out.  I probably
> didn't do a very good job explaining that although I started with the
> case with one tracked, that I view the case without any as the more
> general case -- and that solving it solves both problems.  I could
> probably make that clearer in the commit message.  (Or maybe just add
> more testcases even if slightly duplicative, I guess.)

My comment/puzzlement indeed was the lack of any tracked file in
your tests, even though the log message did talk about one's
presence making a difference in the outcome.

Thanks.