Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 0/2] Submodule object path

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:14:19 -0700

Max Kirillov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 06:10:13PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> When I push the updated 'pu' out, could you please check
>
> I follow the pu merges. So far resolutions seem correct and
> all tests pass.

The primary thing I ask from "eyeballing by the original author" is
to see if "git diff M^ M" for the merge M of the topic is something
the original author would have done if he was given a starting point
of M^ to build his or her topic (which is what your "resolutions
seem correct" really is), so we are good.

> If you don't mind re-resolving it as I send newer versions I will
> base them on master.

So far rerere seems to be happy, so basing on the same commit is
fine, but I suspect this round should already be ready for 'next'.

I had to remove the now-unused variable "const char *git_dir;" in
[PATCH 1/2], but other than that it looked OK from a cursory re-read.

Thanks.