Subject: Re: git pull --upload-pack reversion in git 2.5.0

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:54:16 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Joey Hess <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I think this comes down to a lack of quoting where git-pull runs
>> git-fetch. Before eb2a8d9ed3fca2ba2f617b704992d483605f3bb6,
>> "$@" was passed through to git-fetch, but now there is a $upload_pack
>> which is passed without being quoted.
>
> Yes, it is not just the matter of using "$upload_pack", though ;-)
>
> ${upload_pack+"$upload_pack"} or something.

Thanks for a bug report.

The next time, I'd appreciate if these regressions are caught before
it hits the tagged release, during the pre-release -rc period at the
latest, but preferrably earlier.  I'm greedy and expect far more
from those who are known to be competent heavy Git users than from
"I update every few releases" casual folks ;-)

Thanks, anyway.