Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc: fix unmatched code fences

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 20:43:52 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> With this patch and the one from Jean-Noel, the script above finds only
> one hit, which is a false positive. It's at git-commit.txt:233, and it
> looks like:
>
>     It is a rough equivalent for:
>     ------
>             $ git reset --soft HEAD^
>             $ ... do something else to come up with the right tree ...
>             $ git commit -c ORIG_HEAD
>
>     ------
>
> I have no idea how asciidoc knows that this is a code block and not a
> title called "It is a rough...".

It obviously is not a title underline as the lengths are vastly
different.  It would be an interesing exercise to make both of them
longer, but I suspect giving an extra blank line there may not hurt.

Thanks, will queue.