Subject: Re: [PATCH] blame: add blame.showemail config option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 14:43:06 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Quentin Neill <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I'm thinking of a test file that will test all the git blame options,
>> but for this
>> patch it will only test the new showEmail config.  I read t/README and
>> tentatively named the new test file "t/8009-blame-config.sh".
>
> I'm not sure that these new proposed tests warrant a new test script.
> Moreover, the tests presumably will be testing combinations of
> configuration options and command-line switches, so having "config" in
> the script name doesn't seem quite correct.
>
> t8002-blame.sh already contains a test for --show-email, so it may be
> logical to add the new tests there, alongside the existing one. On the
> other hand, if you do add a new test script, then perhaps the existing
> --show-email test in t8002-blame.sh should be moved to the new script.

Good thinking. I would vote for the former, unless the number of
additional tests exceed 20 (as t8002 has about 100 tests).