Subject: Re: [PATCH 06/11] commit: add tests of commit races

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 10:10:26 -0800

Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:

> On the other hand, there's this [1] and this [2] from the FSF, which
> recommend a copyright blurb at the beginning of every source file.
> Though actually the recommendation is to include a GPL blurb too, not
> just a naked copyright line like I used. But I get the feeling that the
> FSF's recommendation is more for ideological than for legal reasons.

It is relatively recent (late 1980s) that US became part of Berne
Convention (1886).  Before that you had to write Copyright and All
Rights Reserved (or Todos Derechos Reserrvados) in Buenos Aires
days.

It is not surprising to see the more cautious practice from the
older days in recommendations by an old organization like FSF.

>>> Is there a reason you did not append the tests in 7509 ?
>> 
>> Hmph.
>
> I don't know what "Hmph" means in this context.

"Hmph, it might deserve more thought, but I do not have opinion
right now".