Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/32] nd/multiple-work-trees cleanup

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:29:18 -0700

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy  <[email-masked]> writes:

> This collapes some bug fix patches into the main ones, adds a few more
> tests to cover recent changes, and removes advice.checkoutLocked (when
> things are controversal, probably best to go without them until they
> are settled).

This essentially replaces how the refs (and other things, but the
most invasive part of the change is about refs) in $GIT_DIR/ are
accessed from other working trees via symbolic links in the
contrib/workdir script with a built-in logic.

Unfortunately the way $GIT_DIR/refs/ and $GIT_DIR/packed-refs are
accessed even in the main tree is being updated with a series of
large topics that are in flight X-<.

How well would they play together?

Will drop the one in 'pu' and replace with this round, but it may
turn out that I may have to ask you and Ronnie to coordinate these
topics.  We'll see.

Thanks.