Subject: Re: [PATCH v9] refs.c: SSE2 optimizations for check_refname_component

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:35:43 -0700

David Turner <[email-masked]> writes:

>  git-compat-util.h  |  11 +++
>  refs.c             | 223 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
>  t/t5511-refspec.sh |  20 +++++
>  3 files changed, 236 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

Hmph, on what branch are you basing your patch?  As a follow-up to
your dde8a902 (refs.c: optimize check_refname_component(),
2014-06-03) I originally tried to apply it on top of it but it does
not seem that the patch is based on that version; nor I have a blob
46139d2 on which the patch claims your refs.c changes are based on.

... goes and looks ...

Ahh, I think I know where it is broken.

> diff --git a/refs.c b/refs.c
> index 46139d2..5c2f68b 100644
> --- a/refs.c
> +++ b/refs.c
> ...
> @@ -46,17 +49,19 @@ static int check_refname_component(const char *refname, int flags)
>  		int ch = *cp & 255;
>  		unsigned char disp = refname_disposition[ch];
>  		switch(disp) {

There is a stylo here (missing SP after "switch"), which I already
have locally fixed before pushing it out on 'next'.  I'll fix up
this patch and try to apply.

Thanks.