Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 07/14] trailer: add interpret-trailers command

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 10:09:51 -0800

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> diff --git a/git.c b/git.c
>>> index 3799514..1420b58 100644
>>> --- a/git.c
>>> +++ b/git.c
>>> @@ -383,6 +383,7 @@ static void handle_internal_command(int argc, const char **argv)
>>>               { "index-pack", cmd_index_pack, RUN_SETUP_GENTLY },
>>>               { "init", cmd_init_db },
>>>               { "init-db", cmd_init_db },
>>> +             { "interpret-trailers", cmd_interpret_trailers, RUN_SETUP },
>>>               { "log", cmd_log, RUN_SETUP },
>>>               { "ls-files", cmd_ls_files, RUN_SETUP },
>>>               { "ls-remote", cmd_ls_remote, RUN_SETUP_GENTLY },
>>
>> Does this even need to have a git repository?  What is the RUN_SETUP
>> for?
>
> It needs to read git config files, but it could work without reading them too.
> I will have another look at it.

Of course.  At this point in the series while reviewing 7/14 there
was no config [*1*] and that was why I was scratching my head.

[Footnote]

*1* Flipping the series structure to a top-down fashion, having an
almost no-op command that fails all the new tests in the beginning
and then building the internal incrementally, might be a worthwhile
change, but it is *not* worth the effort to add the command without
RUN_SETUP at 7/14 and then change the same line to have RUN_SETUP
when you start to need it could be an option; I am *not* suggesting
that.