Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 0/3] Introduce git-last-modified(1) command

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2025 14:57:23 -0700

Toon Claes <[email-masked]> writes:

> This series adds the git-last-modified(1) subcommand. In the past the
> subcommand was proposed[1] to be named git-blame-tree(1). This version
> is based on the patches shared by the kind people at GitHub[2].

You do not have to deal with it just yet, but FYI, another topic in
flight renames away a few bloom API functions that this topic adds
more callers of.

If this topic needs to be rerolled after the other topic graduates
to 'master', we may need to see this topic rebased on a newer
'master' with something like the attached patch squashed in, but
because the other topic is not close to 'next' yet, let's keep these
two topics independent from each other as long as possible, and let
me deal with this trivial semantic conflict resolution, at least for
now.

Thanks.

 builtin/last-modified.c | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/builtin/last-modified.c b/builtin/last-modified.c
index 466df04fba..2beae026cc 100644
--- a/builtin/last-modified.c
+++ b/builtin/last-modified.c
@@ -47,7 +47,7 @@ static void last_modified_release(struct last_modified *lm)
 	struct last_modified_entry *ent;
 
 	hashmap_for_each_entry(&lm->paths, &iter, ent, hashent)
-		clear_bloom_key(&ent->key);
+		bloom_key_clear(&ent->key);
 
 	hashmap_clear_and_free(&lm->paths, struct last_modified_entry, hashent);
 	release_revisions(&lm->rev);
@@ -77,7 +77,7 @@ static void add_path_from_diff(struct diff_queue_struct *q,
 		FLEX_ALLOC_STR(ent, path, path);
 		oidcpy(&ent->oid, &p->two->oid);
 		if (lm->rev.bloom_filter_settings)
-			fill_bloom_key(path, strlen(path), &ent->key,
+			bloom_key_fill(path, strlen(path), &ent->key,
 				       lm->rev.bloom_filter_settings);
 		hashmap_entry_init(&ent->hashent, strhash(ent->path));
 		hashmap_add(&lm->paths, &ent->hashent);
@@ -138,7 +138,7 @@ static void mark_path(const char *path, const struct object_id *oid,
 		data->callback(path, data->commit, data->callback_data);
 
 	hashmap_remove(data->paths, &ent->hashent, path);
-	clear_bloom_key(&ent->key);
+	bloom_key_clear(&ent->key);
 	free(ent);
 }
 
-- 
2.50.1-382-gda22511645