Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/3] docs: improve send-email documentation

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2025 16:54:10 -0700

Aditya Garg <[email-masked]> writes:

> +If you want to send a single patch, run:
> +
> +	$ git send-email --to="[email-masked]" HEAD~1

Didn't I already tell you not to encourage to run format-patch from
send-email all over the place?  Just prepare the mail files once,
and feed them, perhaps

    ... how to send patches to a mailing list from a set of patch
    files you prepared with `git format-patch`.

    If you want to send a single patch:

	$ git send-email --to="there" 0001-fix-this.patch

    Or more than one

	$ git send-email --to="there" patches/000[1-4]*.patch

etc.

> -	$ git format-patch --cover-letter -M origin/master -o outgoing/
> -	$ edit outgoing/0000-*
> -	$ git send-email outgoing/*