Subject: Re: [PATCH] [GSoC Patch] Modernize Test Path Checking inGit’s Test Suite

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 16:53:49 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

> Referring to the other thread at [*], perhaps this (avoiding `!` in
> front of test_path_*) is yet another clarification which ought to be
> added to the microproject description in order to lead candidates in a
> more profitable direction.
>
> [*]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

While mentors do that, I'd prefer to see others extend support for 

	test_path_is_file ! this-should-not-be-file

so that the students have a better tool to work with.

> One other recommendation I would make is to restrict the microproject
> submission to just a single test script (rather than updating twelve
> of them) in order to avoid exhausting the pool for other potential
> candidates.

Yes, you made that point in the other thread, and I agree with it
100%.

Thanks.