Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] refs: add referent parameter to refs_resolve_ref_unsafe

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 12:47:29 -0700

"Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> ...
>> https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1694#issue-2187804953, it
>> carried over the email addresses as Markdown-formatted hyperlinks.
>> Currently it reads
>>
>>    Cc: Christian Couder [[email-masked]](mailto:[email-masked])
>>...
>>    cc: "Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]>
>>
>> when I click on "edit", where the last line must be from your manual
>> fix which GGG picked up. I've cleaned up the PR description manually
>> now, and for this message I'm also attempting to clean up those square
>> brackets.
>
> When I read that I assumed that Aryan had made the same mistake.

Ah, I see.

I wonder if there are things we can do to help reduce the pain in
future users of GGG here.

 - Is there some documentation update we can make on our end,
   perhaps in Documentation/MyFirstContribution (SubmittingPatches
   does not talk about GGG other than refering readers to
   MyFirstContribution)?

 - Or the welcome message GGG adds to the pull-request that begins
   with "Thanks for taking the time to contribute" can mention
   something about this?

 - Or possibly the handling of Cc: addresses done by GGG can be
   tweaked not to cause this?

Anything else?

Thanks.