Subject: Re: ab/remove--super-prefix & ab/submodule-no-abspath

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 11:19:08 +0900

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

>> * ab/submodule-no-abspath (2022-11-09) 1 commit
>>   (merged to 'next' on 2022-11-18 at 34d0accc7b)
>>  + submodule--helper absorbgitdirs: no abspaths in "Migrating git..."
>>  (this branch is used by ab/remove--super-prefix.)
>>
>>  Remove an absolute path in the "Migrating git directory" message.
>>
>>  Will merge to 'master'.
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> Glen pointed out an issue in ab/submodule-no-abspath which I just
> submitted a fix-on-top for in [1].

I'll queue that and keep the result in 'next' in the meantime, but
given that this seems to induce additional conflicts and who knows
what else is broken in it, I am not sure if it is a good use of our
time to even worry about "fixing" it.  What upside does it have with
the patch, other than the "Migrating git" message, which does not
even look like an improvement, at least to me?

> There will be a merge conflict with ab/remove--super-prefix, but one
> which I tried to make easy to resolve when crafting [1]. The resolution
> is:

... not something we would want to even worry about during -rc period.

Thanks.